Feed-In Tariff (FIT)
The Feed-in Tariff (FIT) scheme is a government programme designed to promote the uptake of a range of small-scale renewable and low-carbon electricity generation technologies.
The FIT scheme is available through licensed electricity suppliers. It requires some of them to make tariff payments on both generation and export of renewable and low carbon electricity. Generation and export tariff rates are index-linked which means that they will increase or decrease with inflation.
The following technologies with a limit on Total Installed Capacity (TIC), are eligible for the scheme:
• Solar photovoltaic (usually called PV) with a TIC of 5MW or less
• Wind turbines with a TIC of 5MW or less
• Hydro with a TIC of 5MW or less
• Anaerobic digestion with a TIC of 5MW or less
• Micro combined heat and power (CHP) installations with a TIC of 2kW or less
How much does it pay?
The tariff rates for FITs have been set by the Department of Energy and Climate Change
For more information please visit the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) or contact us on 01656 747622