Creating Sustainable Homes
The objective of Warm Wales Cymru Gynnes, is to assist in the eradication of fuel poverty in the communities in which our partner Local Authorities and RSLs operate.
We achieve this by providing:
- Technical advice and support on cost effective, energy efficient solutions, for new and existing homes;
- Practical assistance with the funding and installation of environmental improvement measures such as Super Insulation, Air Tightness, Air Source Heat Pumps, PV Cells, Solar Hot water, Biomass Heating etc;
- Access for private households, in ex-social housing properties, to the same mix of measures;
- A range of other services, such as gas pipeline extensions, welfare benefit and energy tariff advice for house-holders.
- Partnerships, with the fire and police services and caring agencies, to identify those needing specialist community support services.
- Design and Build packages, which would bring development, technical and constructional expertise, to deliver buildings of the highest environmental standards, for both new-build and retrofit schemes. We will also, where it is possible to attract funding, help improve financial viability for RSLs by accessing additional grants.
- Developments that leave a legacy of knowledge for the RSLs through the dissemination of specialist technical information.
- Specialist predictive IT analysis tools, that will ensure that new design and construction solutions, perform as intended.
- Post-Completion monitoring of buildings, to prove performance against targets and provide a measure of actual energy and cost savings achieved.
- Training advice, workshops and conferences aimed at increasing knowledge and awareness for RSLs, Contractors, Consumers and others in the sector.
- Creating long-term employment and training opportunities for the local community.