Warm Wales Powys Energy Saving Scheme
Warm Wales is proud to be delivering the innovative Energy Saving Scheme in Powys designed to address fuel poverty and reduce carbon emissions by adopting a ‘whole house’ approach and solution.
It is our mission to aim to try and improve people’s lives by being able to offer them an opportunity to make the necessary fabric & heating improvements to the whole house, focusing on greener more carbon-neutral solutions to lower energy costs dramatically, whilst making Powys greener and more eco friendly.
What is offered under the Energy Saving Scheme?
Funding for the following improvement measures is available under the scheme via ECO4 and subject to the qualifying criteria and conditions listed below.
Energy Efficiency Measures Available
- Air Source Heat Pump with upgraded central (radiator) heating system and specialist water Cylinder
- Solar PV & *Battery Storage – *Subject to Powys County Council funding availability
- Mains Gas Boiler (existing boiler must be non-condensing and not be suitable for renewable heating measures)
- High Heat Retention Storage Heaters (If Air Source is not achievable)
- SMART Heating or Zone Controls
- Energy Saving Lights
- Loft Insulation
- Room in Roof Insulation
- Solid Wall Insulation (Internal or External)
- Cavity Wall Insulation
- Underfloor Insulation
- Flat-roof Insulation
- Draught Proofing
Please note: this scheme is only open to Powys residents. If you would like to access ECO Funding. please visit our ECO page to see if we deliver ECO4 in your area.
ROUTE 2 – PROXY TARGETING; Households need to meet two of the following Proxies from Route 2.
*Proxies 1 & 3, 5 & 7, 6 & 7 proxies cannot be used in combination with each other
Proxy 1 – PROPERTY LOCATION
Powys homes located in LSOA (Lower-layer Super Output Area) 1-3 on the Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation 2019. NB: Refer to the Scheme Coordinator to see if your house falls in a LOSA qualifying area.
Proxy 2 – COUNCIL TAX REDUCTION FOR LOW INCOME ONLY
Proxy 3 – VULNERABILITY
- Householders vulnerable or higher risk due to a medical condition as outlined below (but not limited to) making them more vulnerable to a ‘cold home.’
- People with cardiovascular conditions
- People with respiratory conditions (in particular, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and childhood asthma
- People with mental health conditions people with disabilities
- Any other medical condition making a person vulnerable to the cold.
- Older people (65 and older)
- Pregnant women
Proxy 4 – FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Proxy 6 – FUEL POVERTY (Citizens Advice)
Proxy 7 – FUEL DEBT(Energy Supplier)
Proxy 5 – LA RUN SCHEME; Warm Wales Powys Energy Savings Scheme (WWPESS)
To Qualify under Proxy 5, you must have a net (after payment of Mortgage AND/OR Robert Owen Loan OR rent, council tax & all energy bills) household income falling below that of the values in the table below, corresponding to family composition.
STATUS NET INCOME
1 Adult £22,500
1 Adult + 1 Child £25,500
1 Adult + 2 Children £29,000
1 Adult + 3 Children £33,000
1 Adult + 4 Children £37,500
2 Adults £31,000
2 Adults + 1 Child £34,000
2 Adults + 2 Children £37,500
2 Adults + 3 Children £41,500
2 Adults + 4 Children £46,000
Each additional adult £18,000
In addition, properties must be either E, F or G- EPC rated.
D rated properties may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
How to apply:
To apply please fill out the following form:
Please check you meet the eligibility criteria before applying.
No Liabilities – Warm Wales involvement in the scheme is limited to vetting the applications and accept no responsibility or liability resulting from any negative consequence, damage or loss arising from the acceptance of an ECO FLEX grant. This includes efforts connected with the preparation, application, or survey prior to an installation or because of works delivered under the scheme. Warm Wales do not endorse any specific energy supplier, grant agent, installer or company connected to the application or installation of ECO flex grants or products. Any grievance or issue raised against grant works or application process, should be taken up with the installing party/agent/financier.