Healthy Homes, Healthy People
Healthy Homes, Healthy People works across Wales and the South-West of England supporting people to have:
Healthy Homes, Healthy People is funded by Wales & West Utilities and is delivered in partnership with Community Energy Plus and National Energy Action. We work in conjunction with a number of agencies and organisations including Dwr Cymru Welsh Water, Care & Repair, local authorities and a range of national and local charities.
How HHHP Can Help You:
Our team of Community Workers offers a range of advice, support, and referral options tailored to the needs of the household. Healthy Homes, Healthy People is open to everyone, but some of the services we refer to have their own eligibility criteria. These criteria usually relate to whether someone is on a low income, on certain means-tested benefits and / or have health conditions. Our Community Workers are extremely knowledgeable and discuss all criteria with individuals before making referrals.
Support we offer includes:
- Energy: help and advice with understanding energy bills, support with fuel debt, tariff-switching, smart meters, savings, and discounts (e.g., Warm Home Discount)
- Water: information, advice, and support with tariff reductions and water meters
- Heating: support with applications to Nest, a Welsh Government-funded scheme, providing replacement boilers, central heating systems, and insulation to qualifying households
- Income maximisation: support and signposting for benefit checks and council tax reduction applications
- Home adaptations: support accessing grab-rails, level access showers, stairlifts, etc.
- Priority Service Register: free registration with gas, electricity, and water providers for qualifying households
- Home safety measures: carbon monoxide awareness, smoke alarms, and locking cooker valves – information and advice for all and devices for qualifying households
- Connection to the gas network: support to apply for gas connection vouchers where eligible
HHHP in Action
Between October 2017 and December 2021, our team of Community Workers supported more than 3500 householders with a range of advice, information and referrals, delivering almost £3 million in direct savings and installed energy-saving measures. This work is continuing throughout 2022 and into 2023, helping more people to live in warmer, safer, healthier homes.