Warm Wales – Cymru Gynnes Cwmni Buddiant Cymunedol are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act) and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller is:
Warm Wales – Cymru Gynnes Cwmni Buddiant Cymunedol, Unit 36 Kenfig Industrial Estate, Margam, Port Talbot, SA13 2PE
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in contact or upload forms on our website www.warmwales.org.uk (our site). This may include your name, address, contact details and your contact preferences.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and record your personal details, and opt-in preferences.
• We may also ask you to complete occasional surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, this statistical data does not identify any individuals.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and web development purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data, security and encryption
The data that we collect from you on this website is stored on a UK based server, where both the server location and datacentre are co-located in Slough, with backups of our website stored on an alternative server at the same location. None of this data is stored or transferred outside of the UK or EEA.
By entering your information in to one of our contact forms on our website, a notification email is sent to the relevant team within our organisation, the data you supply is also stored within a database on the same network as our website. This site may include contact forms where documents are required to be uploaded and data entered is sent directly to selected third parties to process your data to proceed with requested services. Where this is the case, you will have the option via the form as to which of our selected third parties will receive such data provided.
Our website uses SSL (https) to ensure that any data you submit is encrypted on its way to the database. Although encryption is enabled, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is done so at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. We have appropriate protocols in place at both server level and directly on our website to enhance and ensure the security of your data.
Use made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information about the products or services that you have opted-in for through either a contact form on our website or through a telephone call. This contact will be made using the contact preference(s) you have selected.
• To make a referral to one our partners as listed below. These referrals will only be made if you have expressly consented to do so through either contact with one of our field or telephone advisers.
Who do we refer to?
Community Energy Champion Programme South Wales
• Cardiff Council (all departments)
• Rhondda Cynon Taff Council (all departments)
• Wales & West Utilities
• Care and Repair Cardiff and the Vale
• Care & Repair Rhondda Cynon Taff
• Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
• NEST Wales
• Citizens Advice Bureau (all regions)
• Trivallis Housing Association
• Rhondda Housing Association
Community Energy Champion Programme Cornwall
• Cornwall Befriending Service CIC
• Cornwall Council (all departments)
• Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service
• South West Water Ltd.
• Western Power Distribution (South West) PLC
Healthy Homes Healthy People Programme North Wales
• Age Connects (all regions)
• Anglesey County Council (all departments)
• Betsi Cadwaladr Health Board
• Care and Repair Cymru
• Citizens Advice Bureau (all regions)
• Conwy County Borough Council (all departments)
• Denbighshire County Council (all departments)
• Department for Work and Pensions
• Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
• Food Bank (all regions)
• Flintshire County Council (all departments)
• Ground Work North Wales
• Gwynedd County Council (all departments)
• Hafren Dyfrdwy
• Home Start
• Mind North East Wales
• NCVO (National Council for Voluntary Organisations) – (all regions)
• NEWCIS Carers Centre
• North Wales Energy Advice Centre
• North Wales Fire and Rescue Service
• North Wales Police
• Public Health Wales
• Red Cross
• Salvation Army
• Shelter Cymru
• Step Change
• The Veterans Hub
• Wrexham County Council (all departments)
Gas Connection Grants
• Wales & West Utilities Limited
Energy Referral Schemes
• E.ON UK
Disclosure of your information
We will never sell your personal details to a third party. We may however disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may only disclose your personal information to third parties in the following instances.
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Warm Wales – Cymru Gynnes Cwmni Buddiant Cymunedol or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Warm Wales – Cymru Gynnes Cwmni Buddiant Cymunedol our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You will be informed at the point of collection how we intend to use your data and will be asked for an explicit consent for us to do so. If in the future you change your mind you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can exercise your right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.